Bays & Bayous 2008 - Goals and Objectives
October 28-29, 2008
Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center
Home | Goals and Objectives | Agenda | Posters | Registration | Media
Vendor/Sponsor | Hotel Information | CEUs | Keynote Speakers | Restaurants
The 2008 Bays and Bayous Symposium will provide a forum for the exchange of technical yet practical information among scientists, resource managers, elected officials, community leaders, citizens, marine related industries, private citizens, among others.
- Decrease the interval between research discovery and application by translating highly technical information into practical solutions for user groups through presentations from scientists conducting research on relevant coastal issues.
- Translate highly technical information into practical solutions for user groups.
- Improve the exchange of ideas between resource managers, user groups, and the research community.
- Improve the performance of community action groups through the sharing of best management practices and identifying ways these groups can collaborate.
- Provide a forum for resource managers and user groups to communicate their needs to the research community.